DID YOU KNOW?
· 44 million Americans suffer mental illnesses annually that include depression, substance abuse, bipolar disorder anxiety, schizophrenia, and dementia to name a few
· Half of chronic mental illness starts by age 14 and three-quarters by age 24
· Depression is the leading cause of disability worldwide
· 60% of Americans with mental illness did not receive any treatment in the last year
WHAT IS HAPPENING AT THE BEACHES?
· 1 in 5 Beaches high school students have attempted suicide
· Mental health illness accounts for the top 4 reasons Beaches residents go the to the Emergency Room
· 1 in 5 Beaches residents is living with mental illness
· More than 11,000 have no medical treatment
· Florida ranks 50th in the nation and Duval County ranks 66th out of 67 counties of providers per capita